Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Industry

Shit Posts

62 posts in this topic

i've never understood graffiti, is it better the less legible it is?

​Not really, its more about letter structure, cleaness (solid lines, filling the inside of letters evenly and all round good can control) and flow of the peice on a wall. The better someone can pull that off the better the peice will be regardless how complex it might be. It's hard to say what's better when it comes down to it though, you have guys that do awesome simple style stuff anyone could read that is aesthetically pleasing and usually has bright colours. Wildstyle sort of stuff is artistically a fair bit harder and isn't really something that comes easily, but it isn't a be all and end all. And then there's everyone else in the middle who's pretty much just doing whatever they please. At the end of the day though it is 'art' and is purely subjective. Skill wise, complex = better. However I've seen guys do it and suck with their colour scheme or something and it can be as complex as it likes, it'll still looks like shit smear on a wall.

​Not really, its more about letter structure, cleaness (solid lines, filling the inside of letters evenly and all round good can control) and flow of the peice on a wall. The better someone can pull that off the better the peice will be regardless how complex it might be. It's hard to say what's better when it comes down to it though, you have guys that do awesome simple style stuff anyone could read that is aesthetically pleasing and usually has bright colours. Wildstyle sort of stuff is artistically a fair bit harder and isn't really something that comes easily, but it isn't a be all and end all. And then there's everyone else in the middle who's pretty much just doing whatever they please. At the end of the day though it is 'art' and is purely subjective. Skill wise, complex = better. However I've seen guys do it and suck with their colour scheme or something and it can be as complex as it likes, it'll still looks like shit smear on a wall.

​Yeh its just everyone i know who does or ever has partook in graff seems to try the complicated illegible way and its usually just a heap of shite plastered onto a surface, kinda put me off it. Gives me a pretty solid semi when i see some simple yet striking graf, i lyk brite culurs

​Hate cos you aint

​I don't piece, so you got me beat on that I suppose.

i've never understood graffiti, is it better the less legible it is?

​No. For the most part, graffiti writers wish for legibility with flair or funk to it.

Here is a piece by Kuma, whom I consider to be one of the most popular graffiti writers in the United States. When it comes to graffiti, the United States does it the best.

​Yeh its just everyone i know who does or ever has partook in graff seems to try the complicated illegible way and its usually just a heap of shite plastered onto a surface, kinda put me off it. Gives me a pretty solid semi when i see some simple yet striking graf, i lyk brite culurs

​Probably just trying to hard and just bad in general lol.

​No. For the most part, graffiti writers wish for legibility with flair or funk to it.

Here is a piece by Kuma, whom I consider to be one of the most popular graffiti writers in the United States. When it comes to graffiti, the United States does it the best.

​Its all about the peices holmes, and maybe 20 years ago. It's been all about Europe for 15 years now, hardly ever see panels coming out of america or any crews just stomping down.

​eh banksky? the fuhrer of street art

​Its all about the peices holmes, and maybe 20 years ago. It's been all about Europe for 15 years now, hardly ever see panels coming out of america or any crews just stomping down.

​First off, no. No one gives a fuck about European panels. There's a new Euro panel video on youtube ever 30 seconds and they all suck. So what, your 20 man crew did a 6 car crew piece with montana in 10 minutes, it seems like an every other day affair. On top of that, Europeans have no fucking letter structure. All of their graff looks so damn trashy. I actually hate it and wont even give it a second look. It's part of the reason I never want to go to Europe, because I would have no decent graffiti to take pictures of.

America still has the street bombing and handstyle game on lock. You can't even debate this, we have 246 crew, those guys are almost all-world with their graffiti. MKUE will be the first to go all-world for sure. These guys have the perfect racket too. They pay for a trip to Europe or Asia, spray paint all over the place, take tons of pics, then put them all into a 50 page zine. Sell the zine for $30 and use all of the proceeds to take another trip to another part of the world and do it all over again. It's beautiful synergy.

Pieces are debatable. I think Australia and the US are tied on piecers. I saw that Sofles video, it blew my fucking mind, but we also have MSK and AWR, those guys are just stupid with their pieces, absolutely earth-shattering sometimes.

​eh banksky? the fuhrer of street art

​lmao you're right. He really is the king. When he came to NYC and did his 30 days of street art thing, he had the NYC graffiti writers so pissed off. Everyone of his pieces just got dissed so quickly, it was beautiful.

banksys like a massive pseudo celebrity in the uk, anytime he does anything it makes the news and shit. exit through the gift shop & the ps2 game bombit are all i know about graff

banksys like a massive pseudo celebrity in the uk, anytime he does anything it makes the news and shit. exit through the gift shop & the ps2 game bombit are all i know about graff

​Exit Through the Gift Shop is a satire of street artists, just so you know.

​First off, no. No one gives a fuck about European panels. There's a new Euro panel video on youtube ever 30 seconds and they all suck. So what, your 20 man crew did a 6 car crew piece with montana in 10 minutes, it seems like an every other day affair. On top of that, Europeans have no fucking letter structure. All of their graff looks so damn trashy. I actually hate it and wont even give it a second look. It's part of the reason I never want to go to Europe, because I would have no decent graffiti to take pictures of.

America still has the street bombing and handstyle game on lock. You can't even debate this, we have 246 crew, those guys are almost all-world with their graffiti. MKUE will be the first to go all-world for sure. These guys have the perfect racket too. They pay for a trip to Europe or Asia, spray paint all over the place, take tons of pics, then put them all into a 50 page zine. Sell the zine for $30 and use all of the proceeds to take another trip to another part of the world and do it all over again. It's beautiful synergy.

Pieces are debatable. I think Australia and the US are tied on piecers. I saw that Sofles video, it blew my fucking mind, but we also have MSK and AWR, those guys are just stupid with their pieces, absolutely earth-shattering sometimes.

​lmao you're right. He really is the king. When he came to NYC and did his 30 days of street art thing, he had the NYC graffiti writers so pissed off. Everyone of his pieces just got dissed so quickly, it was beautiful.

​Lol crews have been doing the trip/magazine think for yonks now brode, plus 40k would have been the first to go round the world imo anywho. Euros alright I'm not the biggest fan either but its pretty much gone worldwide now, cunts here are apeshit for that crap. Yeah handstyle goes to phillie as always. Sofles is a police informant. When it comes to it though its all about passenger trains though, unsure where and when Americans forgot this.

TEAM ROBBO FUCK BANKSY

2 people like this

​Exit Through the Gift Shop is a satire of street artists, just so you know.

i am spaceinvader

​Lol crews have been doing the trip/magazine think for yonks now brode, plus 40k would have been the first to go round the world imo anywho. Euros alright I'm not the biggest fan either but its pretty much gone worldwide now, cunts here are apeshit for that crap. Yeah handstyle goes to phillie as always. Sofles is a police informant. When it comes to it though its all about passenger trains though, unsure where and when Americans forgot this.

TEAM ROBBO FUCK BANKSY

​Americans forgot that when clean train policies were enacted. Freights ride way longer anyway.

​Americans forgot that when clean train policies were enacted. Freights ride way longer anyway.

​Yeah we're going your way here as well don't worry, we have cops on dirtbikes on the lines and the new yards are fortresses. Still viable to paint them on the east coast of Aus though. Freights here don't spend really any time in the city and usually end up getting capped by the transit security faggots, on the flip side though panels only run for like an hour if you're lucky and thats if you're hitting layups. Gotta hand it to you boys anyway, you did come up with the whole graffito thing, can't take that one away from you.

You guys are like speaking a whole other language. I barely understand half of it.

You guys are like speaking a whole other language. I barely understand half of it.

​Start doing graff and smash Copenhagen trains. If I lived in Denmark I would be raping the transit, so many guys go there just to do exactly that.

Edit: and yeah graffito slangs only for cool graffito kids, sorry junnez xoxo

​Yeah English can be hard to learn junnez but you'll get there some day.

​Yeah English can be hard to learn junnez but you'll get there some day.

​You shouldn't get his hopes up like that

​It's a subculture. I'm sorry, Zant and I are just heavily into it. Don't listen to Zant tho, Denmark graffiti is beat as fuck. Ugly shit if you ask me. Like I said, Europe can't compete with the rest of the world.

​It's a subculture. I'm sorry, Zant and I are just heavily into it. Don't listen to Zant tho, Denmark graffiti is beat as fuck. Ugly shit if you ask me. Like I said, Europe can't compete with the rest of the world.

​Wasn't talking about actual Danish cunts painting their trains, just that its easy as fuck there and the carts are old school so guys from all over the globe go through there on their Eurotrips

You wanna hear some dope as shit? Back when North Korea built a subway system, they bought some subway cars from Germany. Those carts had german graff on them. So, even in North Korea, the most locked down country in the world, there is graffiti. :)

you vandals are nothing more than detriments to society.

indu i refuse to believe north korea didnt just paint over the trains in a lovely shade of gravel gray

1 person likes this

you vandals are nothing more than detriments to society.

indu i refuse to believe north korea didnt just paint over the trains in a lovely shade of gravel gray

​Ishould have been more specific. They were tags scratched into the glass on the cars. You cant do shit about that.