Sign in to follow this  
Wackid

ESports

Do any of you nerds care about this stuff yet?

It's INSANE how big MOBAs are now. 

Example: This is how League of Legends is progressing as a spectator event 2f1833efc12f55f465ad92a66bbff102.jpg

I don't play league or mobas because they're fucky but discuss

I've played a few seasons of competitive Team Fortress 2. A couple seasons of 6v6, 1 season of 4v4, and 2 seasons of 9v9. I main scout, but my secondary main is Medic. 

Fuck MOBA's, I mean I play Heroes of the Storm but like I don't see how they have gotten so big in the competitive world. 

​they're pretty hard and update all of the time so it's constantly a new metagame. I don't know how this has translated into being a global phenomenon

It's based on how similar MOBA's are to Starcraft, a game that has seen ridiculous exposure. Also, League is really fun. Kind of addicting. Mystik forced me ot play it but I ended up really liking it and I even bought a hero with my IP (points you win from playing games).

I play dota 2 and TI4 was huge but a fucking garbage chinaman grand final nearly ruined the entire scene. They brought out a whole huge patch desgined to block shit games like those ones. DreamHack was pretty good with EG winning and clown9 coming 2nd as usual and The Summit 2 had fantastic games even if it was poorly fucking run.

I missed a lot of TI4 but watched a bit of starladder and other insignificant events, TI3 i caught a bit of mainly towards the end. It's pretty awesome, I couldn't get over the fact there were announcers and like 20000 people viewing online and massive events irl. Its crazy but cool. Also ti4 was the first esports even to be aired on tv I do believe

Fuck MOBA's, I mean I play Heroes of the Storm but like I don't see how they have gotten so big in the competitive world. 

​Its chess on steroids. What youre saying is kind of like yeah I play softball but I don't see why baseball is so big even though I've never watched a game or know anything about it.

• Like 1

​Its chess on steroids. What youre saying is kind of like yeah I play softball but I don't see why baseball is so big even though I've never watched a game or know anything about it.

​I agree. It's so satisfying to get that kill, or even an assist since I play support.

​I agree. It's so satisfying to get that kill, or even an assist since I play support.

​Haha yeah I actually enjoy supporting a lot as well, nothing worse than a shitty support or no support. The team game mechanics is what its all about sahn

​It just seems so hard to get into.

​It just seems so hard to get into.

​are u fuggin jokin? League is easy as fuck to get into, its only difficult when you start studying the metas.

​Yeah leagues pretty much Dota2 for kids. DotA has a "steep learning curve" but it's definitely worth it. The best part of the game is that you keep learning as you go, I have 700 odd hours and I'm still learning all the time. Then you watch the professionals play and realise you are absolute garbage haha. You have to pay to unlock the full league game as well as far as I'm aware, where as dota is full content from the start.

​are u fuggin jokin? League is easy as fuck to get into, its only difficult when you start studying the metas.

​just lemme use wasd u idiot game

​Yeah leagues pretty much Dota2 for kids. DotA has a "steep learning curve" but it's definitely worth it. The best part of the game is that you keep learning as you go, I have 700 odd hours and I'm still learning all the time. Then you watch the professionals play and realise you are absolute garbage haha. You have to pay to unlock the full league game as well as far as I'm aware, where as dota is full content from the st

So far haven't paid far haven't paid for anything and none of my high level friends have said anything about paying to unlock a "full" game. You can buy champions and skins...

So far haven't paid far haven't paid for anything and none of my high level friends have said anything about paying to unlock a "full" game. You can buy champions and skins...

​He's talking about having to buy heroes instead of a game that just has them

​Umm I have played all said MOBA's, I wouldn't say its Chess on steroids either. Starcraft an other RTS's are more like that. Like I said in the beginning Fuck MOBA's.

​Oh, whatever. You can buy heroes with IP so that's fine.

​Yeah i've seen the time you have to poor into the game to get it instead of buying and its ridiculous.

​Umm I have played all said MOBA's, I wouldn't say its Chess on steroids either. Starcraft an other RTS's are more like that. Like I said in the beginning Fuck MOBA's.

​Well thats your bad opinion

• Like 1

​Yeah i've seen the time you have to poor into the game to get it instead of buying and its ridiculous.

​Well thats your bad opinion

​lol what? I played like 20 games and had enough to buy one of the most expensive heroes. Its not too bad.

​lol what? I played like 20 games and had enough to buy one of the most expensive heroes. Its not too bad.

​so like 20 hours almost probably

​>buying heroes

​yeap

i seriously find it hard to understand why anyone would play and PAY for league of legends when you can get dota 2 for free?

dota is so much better than lol its incomparable, i always just assumed lol lured in kids but you guys have really let me down here 

• Like 1